Monday, November 15, 2010

...DAY 2...

When I woke up I saw that it was no longer dark outside. A lady stood in the kitchen where the table was, she held a tray in her hands and when she saw I was awake she said Selamut Pagi and placed the tray on the table. The tray had 3 bowls of rice and 3 cups of coffee next to them.
I walked over and ate the rice it also had some other things next to it which I decided to try it tasted really yum so I ate all of it. I then tasted the coffee and nearly spat it out it was so strong and sweet I couldn’t drink it. My mum and Dad walked into the room just after I had finished and ate theirs. I turned on the tv and a ad for a market came on. I asked mum if we could go and her and dad both agreed. I went and got changed then I grabbed my purse where I stuffed my money into.


I grabbed one of the bottles of water that was lying on my bed I grabbed my toothbrush and used that water to clean my teeth. After I had brushed my teeth I looked at the clock that said 7:30 am. I ran to the door and waited for my parents to hurry up when my parents were finally ready we walked out of our new home and across the road to the bus stop. The bus timetable said it was another hour until the next bus so we walked down the road a bit and saw a  becak we walked over and my dad told the driver where we wanted to go. My dad haggled with the driver on a price for a while and then the little Indonedian man nodded, we got in he drove us down lots of different streets before finally stopping at the market where I saw lots of food, toys, wood objects and crafty items. 


I got out and ran to the first stall where my mum met me I said good morning to the owners and then followed my mum to the other stalls. The first couple were food and we bought a couple rambutan, salak and durian which were apparently really nice but the durian smelled like rotten eggs.





Most after we had saw most of the stalls we headed back to where we bought the dresses and paid for my jacket. We then headed back to where we caught the becak and waited in the heat. About 5 minutes later of waiting for some mode of transportation a yellow car came around the corner it had Taksi on the side and my dad called out for it. The taksi pulled up and we got in making sure there was a meter inside it first. Then dad told the man where we wanted to go in fluent Indonesian and then he drove off.





We continued walking through the market and found a clothing stall I bought some really pretty dresses and a custom made leather jacket. We had to come back for the jacket and so we kept walking. We passed a dvd stall and I bought heaps some of the movies I bought weren’t even out yet and since they were only about a dollar each I grabbed heaps.

We got home at 10:30 pm and it was so hot and humid. I got out of my runners, shorts and t-shirt and changed into my bathers I then went into the pool and stayed until lunch time when I got out to have some lunch the same Indonesian lady brought us in some resort menus she passed them around and waited for our orders. I asked for mie goreng which is fried noodles and pineapple juice and my mum and dad ordered rending which is a spicy beef dish with a coconut juice and a tea. After half an hour the lady brought our meals in, my mie goreng was delicious it was noodles with breadcrumbs sprinkled on it and some other vegetables and spices were mixed in as well. After I ate I went back outside and sat in the pool for the rest of the day.

1 comment: